Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Vorsteiner previews what a modified BMW i8 Spyder will look like - i8 Spyder rendering lowered on 21 inch Vorsteiner wheels

BimmerBoost often mocks the BMW i8 because it lacks the balls a $100k+ sports car should have but there are no knocks on its styling. The design of the i8 Spyder is gorgeous. BMW is having trouble getting the i8 Spyder to market and has a number of issues to resolve before the car hits the streets but the rendering below gives us an idea of what the i8 Spyder will look like with some relatively basic cosmetic modifications.

The stock car rides on 20 inch rims. What you see rendered below is the i8 Spyder rendered on 21 inch Vorsteiner forged rims. The car is also dropped giving it an aggressive stance. That is all one really needs to do to make the i8 look incredible as the bodywork and design are already aggressive off the showroom floor.

The color scheme is also changed to a white, black, and yellow pattern. Whether owners will actually change the color schemes of their i8 remains to be seen but the end result here is one hot looking drop top. Now if only what was under the hood was as aggressive as the styling...

Click here to enlarge
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks Good Thank you for sharing Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sex on wheels... now lets put in an S85 engine with twin turbo FI and we have a real P1 killer

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ditch the hybrid system and just give it an S65. That would be enough to make me happy.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good lord that is gorgeous! Paint scheme and all!

EDIT: Yeah, if I had the money I'd be buying a spyder or coupe i8, and putting an S85 in, supercharged probably. Damn to have those looks, and then add the sounds of a catless S85...gives me chills just thinking about it
    2013 Audi S6 stock but shopping....
    2014 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins. Far from stock