Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Porsche boss Matthias Muller pushing for a smaller sedan to slot in below in the Panamera - Panamera Junior? Pajun?

This is not really surprising as it has been rumored for some time and expected to come by 2016. Porsche's boss Matthias Muller officially confirmed his intention to get this model built. However, he is concerned about taxing the Porsche factory capacity. “Speaking very frankly, I can say this is one of many ideas we have, to build a car below Panamera. But it would be a difficult decision, because Porsche has just taken a huge step getting into the Macan market — not just developing the car but doubling the factory capacity, including the body shop and paint shop. It has been a huge effort for the whole company."

Click here to enlarge

With the launch of the Macan and the SUV slotting in below the Cayenne a model slotting in below the Panamera seems all but certain and logical especially as Porsche aims to raise their global sales numbers. The Pajun would just use the Macan drivetrain Porsche already developed making for an all wheel drive turbocharged six-cylinder lineup that gives just enough space to the Panamera with its top of the line V8 Turbo models.

Similarly to the Macan versus the Cayenne though the smaller sedan would be lighter, cheaper, more fuel efficient, and likely more fun to drive. It seems like an absolute no brainer.

The real question is, when do we get a new 928?

Source
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too bad it will be pathetically overpriced.
    I hope the next C63 dominates this class, but it will needs the DCT and AWD that Porsche offers to do so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    I hope the next C63 dominates this class, but it will needs the DCT and AWD that Porsche offers to do so.
    You don't say...
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    Do you have a vendetta against Porsche for some reason? I don't think their cars are crazily overpriced, a little, maybe....options.... OK, yeah, they are insane when it comes to pricing options, theivish even, but they do build some great cars with undeniable unique styling
    2013 Audi S6 stock but shopping....
    2014 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins. Far from stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Do you have a vendetta against Porsche for some reason? I don't think their cars are crazily overpriced, a little, maybe....options.... OK, yeah, they are insane when it comes to pricing options, theivish even, but they do build some great cars with undeniable unique styling
    Yes. Because they perpetuate the inferior rear engine design out of arrogance, they cripple the superior Cayman to protect their cash cow, and their asking prices are an insult.
    I love the fact that the Corvette that euro snobs thumb their noses at, regularly rapes them at the track.

On the other hand, GM is too stubborn/stupid to offer a modern DCT and AWD like the Porsche and the rest of the Germans.
    So, I have my issues with GM as well.
    Unlike most people that have been buying the same new cars for 20 years (Corvettes), I am unbiased and objective when it comes to evaluating cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't say...
    Lol