Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

All wheel drive turbo German drag race - TT-RS vs A45 AMG vs M135i xDrive

This video is by GRIP in Germany so yes it is in German. You do not need to speak German to see the results of a drag race however and this one is interesting as each car is turbocharged and all wheel drive. The TT-RS on paper immediately has a slight advantage over the other two cars. With a 2.5 TFSI inline-5 turbo motor it has the most horsepower at 360 followed by the A45 AMG with 355 from its 2.0 liter turbo M133 and then the M135i with 320 horsepower from its N55 3.0 liter inline-6.

We pretty know how the M135i/M235i and the A45/CLA45 AMG stack up and the AMG's have won every performance comparison thus far. This is the first comparison with the all whee drive version of the M135i and it makes quite a difference in the acceleration. The TT-RS beats the other two fairly easily. However, the addition of all wheel drive really helps the M135i get off the line. For whatever reason the A45 AMG has a poor launch but it eventually reels in the M135i up top and passes it. It is the quicker and faster car of the two.

Click here to enlarge

It is interesting that the car with the greatest displacement loses to the turbo cars with lower displacement. However, the M135i is hardly the best it can be. The N55 is not as aggressively tuned as it can be and unlike the Audi and Mercedes it does not have a dual clutch transmission. Add a DCT, a more aggressive tune, and the M135i should beat these easily. Perhaps that is what is in store for a future M2 model.

There is also a track comparison in addition to the drag race but considering the Germans use three different drivers it is not much a comparison due to the driver variables. However, the A45 AMG wins this comparison.

Skip to 2:40 for the drag race unless you like to hear German.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea that launch was horrible on the a45 if you go to 10:10 you can see they dont use launch control for some retarded reason but do use it on the audi when taking off. That alone will make a huge difference. Great track comparison lmao clowns

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Yea that launch was horrible on the a45 if you go to 10:10 you can see they dont use launch control for some retarded reason but do use it on the audi when taking off. That alone will make a huge difference. Great track comparison lmao clowns
    I don't understand why they use launch control for the Audi but not the AMG? It's like they wanted the girl to win or something.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped